For the whole past year, I’ve been experiencing issues with my blog, which you’re just reading – bizzartic.com. It went from hack attacks and pharma hacks to downtimes. As most site owners, I didn’t bother thinking about it, but two weeks ago I experienced a serious security threat, when net bot changed my .htaccess files. Only my front page was visible, with other pages getting 404 error. At that time, I started searching for a better hack proof solution and I think I finally found it. It’s called CloudFlare and it’s really awesome, at least for now. I use it for my blog (bizzartic.com), as well as for bizzthemes.com, my commercial WordPress solution.
What is CloudFlare?
It is a service that does two things for your website: makes it faster and increases it security. This is achieved with a single change to DNS. Your website is instantly protected from a wide range of online threats and it loads much faster, since your content is dynamically optimized across the Internet. And best of all, CloudFlare’s core service is free.
How does CloudFlare work?
It prevents spam bots and website attacks with flawless security tools. Once your website is a part of the CloudFlare community, its web traffic is routed through its intelligent global network system. It automatically optimizes the delivery of your web pages so your visitors get the fastest page load times and best performance.
How much does ClodFlare cost?
It comes with 3 types of accounts. Free, Pro ($20) and Enterprise (custom price).
CloudFlare promises to create your account in seconds and takes just 5 minutes to supercharge your website. All it needs is your email address, a username, password and the plan type you want to take. Once you entered the required fields, click the sign up button.
Learn more about CloudFlare
- CloudFlare brings big-company speed to your itty bitty website
- CloudFlare Apps: Making Web Applications Fast, Safe and One-Click Simple
- GlobalSign HackAlert Now Available through CloudFlare Apps
- CloudFlare Raises $20 Million to Bring Performance and Security to Every
- Smartling Partners With CloudFlare To Package Security And Language Translation For Users
- CloudFlare Announces the Automatic IPv6 Gateway
Learn more about WordPress Website Security
- Website Security Without Breaking the Bank?
- Four ways to improve security on your WordPress site
- Word Press Security Tips For Web Designing